HOW TO MAKE TAKOYAKI l TAKOYAKI RECIPE FILIPINO STYLE
HOW TO MAKE TAKOYAKI l OCTOPUS BALLS RECIPE l PATOK NA NEGOSYO EP #03 l TAKOYAKI RECIPE EP #01
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
2 ½ cups cold water
2 ½ teaspoon dashi powder
1-2 pcs eggs
2 teaspoons Japanese soy sauce (Kikoman or regular soy sauce if not available)
green onions chopped
cooked octopus, cut into small bite-sized pieces
pickled red ginger ( beni shoga)
oil for the Takoyaki plate
dried Bonito ( katsuobushi)
rice crisp (optional) or tempura seraps
Takoyaki Plate or maker
Takoyaki pick or chopstick
Dashi Mixture : Dissolve dashi powder in 2 ½ cups cold water.
(1) Cooking the squid: Add the squid in the boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain the squid. Slice into small bite sized pieces.
(Squid should be cooked either very briefly or for a long time - anything in between the squid will become rubbery and chewy)
(2) In a bowl. combine flour, baking powder, ground black pepper and salt.
(3) Add egg (lightly beaten), soy sauce and dashi mixture. Mix everything altogether.
(4) Heat the Takoyaki pan over a medium high heat.
(5) Brush oil in the entire surface of the Takoyaki plate.
(6) Pour the batter into all the wells until it covers the entire plate.
(7) Place one piece of octopus into each well.
(8) Scatter green onions, pickled ginger and cabbage in each well.
(9) When the bottom of the batter starts turning light brown, use a chopstick or Takoyaki pick to cut out a square shape around each Takoyaki well.
(10) Move your chopsticks or pick around each well, then pushing on one side down to flip over the batter.
(11) Continue flipping each ball occasionally until it becomes golden brown.
(12) Best serve when hot. Serve with toppings: mayonnaise, takoyaki sauce, dried bonito and seaweed strips.
FAMOUS FILIPINO FOOD CHANNEL